Little Rock, AR
Are you a proven leader with a passion for creating positive, community impact?
We may be looking for you!
Southern Bancorp is searching for a dynamic and collaborative leader with strong business development experience in financial services, and a passion for creating positive, transformational economic change, to be our first Little Rock Market Executive. This role will lead the expansion of both traditional banking services and financial development tools to individuals, families, and businesses throughout the city’s financially underserved communities.
The Market Executive will assist in the development of – and lead – Southern Bancorp’s strategic growth objectives in the market by growing deposits, identifying lending opportunities, and connecting the community with our financial development services ranging from education to coaching to counseling.
Ideal candidates will be aligned with and supportive of Southern Bancorp’s mission to create economic opportunity in underserved communities by providing responsible, responsive, and innovative financial products and services that balance profits with purpose.
- Engage community members and leaders around Southern Bancorp’s mission, products, and services to grow customer and client relationships while simultaneously listening and responding to community needs and concerns
- Develop partnerships with community organizations and businesses that provide access to financial development services and build deposit growth and lending opportunities
- Increase Southern Bancorp’s visibility in the community as well as an understanding of the unique services offered by a community development financial institution
- Identify consumer, commercial, and small business lending opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies for mission-aligned deposit growth
- Develop and maintain relationships with mission-oriented investors
- The Market Executive may also assume responsibility for lending
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong ties to the Little Rock community, with an emphasis on underserved communities
- Deep knowledge and experience in financial services, marketing, and community relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to present ideas, concepts, and technical strategies on an individual or group basis
- Demonstrated attention to customer service and accountability
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 10 years of experience in a related field
To learn more about this position and how our mission, our benefits, and our culture make Southern Bancorp one of the best places to work in the state, visit banksouthern.com/careers or to apply for this position, click the button below.