My Goal Savings
Your Goals, Personalized.
Only you know how much and how often you can save. Personalize your savings plan by adding a name, your goal amount, how much to put aside, and how often.
You can even add a picture of your choice as a great visual reminder.
- Completed! 100% 100%
Goal Amount: $10,000
Amount Saved: $10,000
Unlike the traditional savings method of transferring money between accounts, MyGoalSavings works automatically from within your primary account by earmarking the amount you choose and keeping it separate from your available balance.
But don’t worry…if you ever need to access your savings, simply “cash out” your goal to instantly add it back to your available balance. It’s that easy!
How to Create a Goal in MyGoalSavings
1. Log-in to your Southern Bancorp account at BankSouthern.com. Then select Savings Goals from the main menu.
- Naming your goal
- Adding a picture (Note: not available when accessing via mobile device)
- Selecting a frequency: daily, a certain day of the week, a certain day of the month, the last day of the month, or every two weeks.
- Setting a goal amount
- Setting the amount you’d like to start with (Insta-Savings Amount)
- Setting the amount you’d like to save each period (Periodic Amount)
Once you’ve entered your information, a timeline will pop-up telling you when you’ll reach your goal given the information you’ve provided. If that timeline is too short or too long, you’ll need to adjust your settings accordingly.
4. Once you are finished personalizing, click Save!
You can also set up multiple goals within multiple accounts!
Savings Goal Management
Current (The current available balance not dedicated to any savings goals)
Amount Saved (Total goal savings in your account)
Amount You Can Spend (Same as Current, this is the amount not currently dedicated to any savings goals )
Ledger Balance (This is the total cash in your account, i.e., your available balance plus goal savings)
And if you want get back on track later, you can simply Catch Up to get back on track. MyGoalSavings will take the amount needed for you to catch up and earmark it for that goal.
You can Edit your goal at any time, or even delete it from the Edit window.
Lastly, if you are coming up on a month with a lot of expenses, you can Pause the goal so that it won’t set aside any amount in the future until you unpause it.